Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Installation Issues

Help
dfused
2009-07-15
2012-12-15
  • dfused
    dfused
    2009-07-15

System: CentOS 5.3

Running "easy_install -f . jcr[mysql, svn]" as shown in install guide results in:
    error: Not a URL, existing file, or requirement spec: 'jcr[mysql,'

Running "easy_install -f . jcr[mysql,svn]" <-no space tween mysql and svn results in:
    Searching for jcr[mysql,svn]
    Best match: jcr 0.7.0
    Processing jcr-0.7.0.egg
    removing '/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/jcr-0.7.0.egg' (and everything under it)
    creating /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/jcr-0.7.0.egg
    Extracting jcr-0.7.0.egg to /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/jcr-0.7.0.egg/jcr/model/vcs/common.py", line 213
        yield line
    SyntaxError: 'yield' not allowed in a 'try' block with a 'finally' clause
    jcr 0.7.0 is already the active version in easy-install.pth

Installed /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/jcr-0.7.0.egg
    Processing dependencies for jcr[mysql,svn]
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/bin/easy_install", line 7, in ?
        sys.exit(
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c9-py2.4.egg/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 1671, in main
        with_ei_usage(lambda:
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c9-py2.4.egg/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 1659, in with_ei_usage
        return f()
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c9-py2.4.egg/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 1675, in <lambda>
        distclass=DistributionWithoutHelpCommands, **kw
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/distutils/core.py", line 149, in setup
        dist.run_commands()
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/distutils/dist.py", line 946, in run_commands
        self.run_command(cmd)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/distutils/dist.py", line 966, in run_command
        cmd_obj.run()
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c9-py2.4.egg/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 211, in run
        self.easy_install(spec, not self.no_deps)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c9-py2.4.egg/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 446, in easy_install
        return self.install_item(spec, dist.location, tmpdir, deps)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c9-py2.4.egg/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 478, in install_item
        self.process_distribution(spec, dist, deps)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c9-py2.4.egg/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 518, in process_distribution
        distros = WorkingSet([]).resolve(
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c9-py2.4.egg/pkg_resources.py", line 529, in resolve
        requirements.extend(dist.requires(req.extras)[::-1])
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/setuptools-0.6c9-py2.4.egg/pkg_resources.py", line 2115, in requires
        raise UnknownExtra(
    pkg_resources.UnknownExtra: jcr 0.7.0 has no such extra feature 'svn'

I'm a bit confused right out of the gate here. Any assistance is gratefully appreciated.

• John Dickson
      John Dickson
      2009-07-15

Hi there

OK, there seem to be 2 problems here.  They're both bugs, even if only in documentation :(

First, it appears from the first syntax error that JCR will no longer run on Python 2.4 - you'll need version 2.5 or 2.6.  I've been testing (and running) on 2.5 for a long time now, so I'm afraid I wasn't aware of that one.  I'll update the documentation.

Second, the install documentation is incorrect about including 'svn' in as one of the extras - after writing that, I found out that pysvn isn't available as an easy_install package.  So, you should install using the command line
          easy_install -f . jcr[mysql]

Again, I'll update the documentation for both of these - sorry for the confusion.  I hope it works for you now.

Cheers ......................................... JD

• dfused
      dfused
      2009-07-16

Very good. That helped me get past that point.
      A couple of catches in getting to that point though:
      1) python2.5 is not native in current builds of RHEL/CentOS5.3 (its python24), so I had to install parallel
      Here's a great site that I found the rpms that helped me with this: http://www.geekymedia.com/python_26_centos.html
      It has rpms for both 25 and 26
      2) You have to re-install ez_install using the newly installed python25 command rather than the old 2.4 python.

the command 'easy_install-2.5 -f . jcr[mysql] now ran through with no issues.

Thanks for the help, and hope my return info helps!

• John Dickson
        John Dickson
        2009-07-18

Thinking about it further, I hadn't intended to stop JCR working on Python 2.4, so I'll probably try to support 2.4 again in the next release (JCR 0.7.1).

Thanks very much for the information - most useful.