Just Launched: You can now import projects and releases from Google Code onto SourceForge
We are excited to release new functionality to enable a 1-click import from Google Code onto the Allura platform on SourceForge. You can import tickets, wikis, source, releases, and more with a few simple steps. Read More
From: Francisco Reverbel <reverbel@im...> - 2005-05-20 18:49:11
While testing the DTM I am running into a problem that does not appear to
- stateful session EJB1 deployed in JBoss server1
- entity EJB2 deployed on JBoss server2
- Client creates an EJB1 session instance
- Client calls userTransaction.begin() to start transaction T1.
(The remote calls that follow are all performed as part of T1.)
- Client calls a business method on the EJB1 instance
- EJB1 calls a business method on EJB2
- EJB2 calls entityContext.setRollbackOnly()
- Unaware that T1 has been marked to rollback, client does another
business method call on EJB1
- EJB1 does another business method call on EJB2 and gets a
TransactionRolledbackException, as expected.
- EJB1 throws an EJBException with the TransactionRolledBackException
- Client gets the TransactionRolledbackException
- Client calls userTransaction.rollback() to dissociate itself from T1
- Client calls userTransaction.begin() to start transaction T2.
- Client calls a business method on the EJB1 instance (the same
instance it used before!)
- Server1 fails while attempting to activate the EJB1 instance:
javax.ejb.EJBException: Could not activate; failed to restore state; CausedByException is:
/home/reverbel/work/jboss-head/build/output/jboss-5.0.0alpha/server/dtm0/tmp/sessions/FrontEndEJB-e8xx7fi9-5/e8xx7kqo-2s.ser (No such file or directory)
- Client gets a TransactionRolledbackException with message
"Could not activate; failed to restore state..."
Is this a known issue?