Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

additional jaxb builders

Help
F7502
2011-07-07
2013-04-17
  • F7502
    F7502
    2011-07-07

hi,

i am wondering, if it is possible to add additional jaxb implementations to use in this plugin. the current plugin allows to select either JAXB 2.0 (= XJC) or Castor to be used for code generation. i would like to use Apache XML Beans to generate code fom my xsd files.

I checked out the current version from the cvs repository and took a look. am i right, that lots of functionality lies "behind" the castor api? is it even possible to add additional code generators without touching the castor code?

greetings
    f7502

• Peter
    Peter
    2011-07-07

Hi f7502,
        Thanks for your post, yes it is possible to add other builders the code is structured in a way to extend for new builders. Whilst the plug-in itself uses Castor extensively the code generator interface is extensible. Currently a 'plug-in' point is not available however we are considering this. What additional features do you require that XML Beans provides ? or is it just preference.
    We have had others request an XML Beans generator so we are looking at developing this option. The plug-in already makes use of XML beans to generate schema's from instance documents.
    If you are prepared to help test this functionality this would greatly speed the dev process.

Regards Peter.

• F7502
    F7502
    2011-07-11

Hi Peter,

thanks for the quick reply.

What additional features do you require that XML Beans provides ? or is it just preference.

Using XML Beans is just a matter of preference for me, so the current version of your plugin will be ok for me.

If you are prepared to help test this functionality this would greatly speed the dev process.

I am using your jaxb plugin in a small part of a project, that will be finished in a few weeks. Helping you with testing wont make much sense in this case, since i wont be using this plugin very often.

greetings
    f7502

• Peter
    Peter
    2011-07-11

no problems f7502, completely understand…. thanks again for the post, we still plan to have XML bean generator competed in an up comming release…

Regards Peter.