Project Location Other Than Default

Help
Stu
2011-07-17
2013-04-17
  • Stu
    Stu
    2011-07-17

In trying to use this, no matter how I try to uncheck the box to put the new project in a non-default location, and even navigate to the location on the file system where I want it (we put our projects outside of the workspace directory), the plug-in insists on creating the project in the workspace directory.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a feature?

Thanks!

• Peter
    Peter
    2011-07-21

Hi java4first,
                         Thanks for your post.. It appears your have found a bug with the plug-in. at first look it seems this may have been there since day one. I have added your post to our internal bug system so that it will be addressed asap. You can work around the issue by using the default project location although from your post this may not be appropriate. Let me know if you have an urgent requirement we may be able to provide you with a patch.

Regards Peter.

• Stu
    Stu
    2011-07-23

Hi -

I can probably wait until a regular release comes out.  I found that if I create the project in Eclipse, copy it to somewhere else on the file system, delete the original project, then create a generic project from the new location (which has a .project file in it), then create just a "libs" folder in the workspace location to put the packaged jar in (since that still seems to be hardcoded to the workspace location), and use a linked folder to access it in the real project, it kind of works ;-)

Thanks!