Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

[success] Integrating jsl into vim

2006-12-09
2013-05-28
  • I asked in my last post if it was possible, now I found out how.

Note this configuration is for vim on cygwin, there may be some differences with vim directly on win32.

1. Copy jsl.exe to /usr/bin
    2. Copy jsl.default.conf to /etc/jsl.conf
    3. Edit /etc/jsl.conf:
       - Comment out the line containing "+process"
       - Comment out the line containing "+pauseatend"
       - Set the line containing "+context" to "-context"

2. Add the Following line to your vimrc:
       autocmd FileType javascript set makeprg=jsl\ -nologo\ -nofilelisting\ -nosummary\ -nocontext\ -conf\ '/cygwin/etc/jsl.conf'\ -process\ %
       autocmd FileType javascript set errorformat=%f(%l):\ %m^M
    3. If you want to process ALL files in the directory instead of just the current, use these lines instead
       autocmd FileType javascript set makeprg=jsl\ -nologo\ -nofilelisting\ -nosummary\ -nocontext\ -conf\ '/cygwin/etc/jsl.conf'\ -process\ '*.js'
    4. If you want to process ALL files recursively, use these lines instead:
       autocmd FileType javascript set makeprg=jsl\ -nologo\ -nofilelisting\ -nosummary\ -nocontext\ -conf\ '/cygwin/etc/jsl.conf'\ -process\ '*.js'\ -recurse

Note that ^M should be a control character! To enter it, Press {Ctrl-V}{Ctrl-M}. If this dosen't work for you, just leave out ^M. Note also that if using method 3 or 4 and vim on cygwin, you will probably get vim errors about "unable to open swap file...". I have no way around this, but if you are ok with not having a swap file in vim (no recovery on crash), then thats fine.

Hope this helps! Matthias, feel free to include this on your main page.
    Philipp