Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Sav. file transfer from Meboy to jMEboy

Help
??????
2010-09-07
2013-05-01
  • ??????
    ??????
    2010-09-07

I'm wondering if there is a way to transfer my Pokemon Silver Version save file from my meboy to jMEboy? I feel jMEboy has smoother emulation andtehe graphics isn't that jerky. …But i don't want to restart my game all over again. Sp, any ideas?

• Jörg Jahnke
    Jörg Jahnke
    2010-09-07

If you have experience with programming yourselves, then you could try to analyze the file formats of the two applications and try to implement a converter. I would of course be able to help you with JMEBoy's file format.

• ??????
    ??????
    2010-09-08

Well, i saw a video on something like this. This one is on converting meboy save file to the Visualboy Advance's and TGB Dual's save file format. Heres the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTk8E4l3v2Q

I wonder if the save file format for these two emulators are identical to that of jMEboy's…
    If so, this may be possible.

However, I don't have much experience in such programming…

• Jörg Jahnke
    Jörg Jahnke
    2010-09-08

I doubt that the format are identical.

• ??????
    ??????
    2010-09-08

Does jMEboy use .sav? Or is it some other format?

• Jörg Jahnke
    Jörg Jahnke
    2010-09-08

.sav is an extension which can contain any kind of format. And no, JMEBoy uses its own format.

• ??????
    ??????
    2010-09-09

So, you mean that jMEboy uses a completely different and unique save file format that is only used for jMEboy?
    In that case, I think it may still be possible to do so through some conversion… though it may need someone with good programming expertise and free time to do that. Maybe it has got a similar (but not identical) method to that shown in the video?

• Jörg Jahnke
    Jörg Jahnke
    2010-09-09

Yes, it's a unique save file format. And yes, if you know about programming a conversion can be done.

• ??????
    ??????
    2010-09-09

Ok… Well, I certainly cant do it, so never mind then.
    Maybe some kind of programming pro with lots of spare time can do this. So, till that happens I think i'll just wait…