can't play new rom files

• Brian Stevens
    Brian Stevens

i have a nokia 6085h that plays the emulator and the games it comes with fine.  i tried getting more games but my device doesn't support the scan for games so i tried the 2nd method.  but after i edit the jar file my phone can't run the application anymore.  i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.

• Jörg Jahnke
      Jörg Jahnke

It's hard to say what went wrong from a distance. Typical pitfalls include:
      - The entries in the programs.txt file might be wrong, e.g. wrong filename or line-end missing after each line
      - Once the jar file gets modified the .jad file that came with the original download is no longer valid because the size of the archive has changed, which is specified in the .jar file. You can either try installation without a .jad file or you can modify the size entry in the .jad file, so that it exactly reflects the new size of the .jar file.

Hope this helps

• iofhua

It would be nice if any possible future versions of Java GB had builder functionality like MeBoy does. MeBoy lets you bundle your own roms into a new, unique .jar file that you install onto your phone. This gets rid of any need to scan your phone and load other files once the application is installed.

Unfortunately MeBoy has a key binding issue that prevents me from using it, and it is an abandoned project. Java GB works just great with the exception of being unable to load any other roms.

I would love to see Java GB come with a builder someday.