Is this project dead?

oblivionph
2006-11-13
2012-07-13
  • oblivionph
    oblivionph
    2006-11-13

Hey guys,

Is this project dead? It was just last year since this project was updated. I am hoping to hear from this project soon.

Regards,

oblivionph

• Jack J. Woehr
      Jack J. Woehr
      2008-11-15

I have been added to the developer list and plan to do some active work on the project over the next few weeks.

• Andy
      Andy
      2006-11-13

Hi,

Dead may be a slightly strong term, but it has been dormant for a while. I had been doing work on it related to a project for my employer. That project is now cancelled however, and I no longer work there.

The last status was that I had prepared an update, checked it in, but was hoping for some asistance in verifying my changes before producing an actual release.

Although, like everyone else, my time is limited, I'd be glad to do what I can to help you out. I assume you are looking at this project for a particular project or function. What can I do to help?

• Gerrit Hohl
    Gerrit Hohl
    2012-02-20

Hello everyone,

I saw that the last activity of this project was on the 2010-11-22. So is
    there still some development? The last version 0.9.5 was released at the end
    of 2002. And there are still 10 open bugs, 2 open feature requests, and so on.

I would like to use this library for a Java program which is display the first
    time a machine (in our case: a virtual appliance) is booting up so the user
    can set-up some basic network settings.

• Gerrit Hohl
    Gerrit Hohl
    2012-03-08

The project isn't dead. mccae released a new version. :-)

Version 0.9.5b released