After four months in development, JAMWiki 0.6.0 (code name "Goin' Back to Georgia") is now available for download. The 0.6.0 release introduces significant new functionality as well as numerous bugfixes, code cleanups, and cosmetic changes. Notable changes made during this release include:
* A new authentication mechanism that allows site administrators to tightly control access to wiki functionality. Using the Special:Roles interface an admin can limit who has access to upload content, create pages, or perform just about any other wiki task.
* The project repository has been converted to the Maven project structure through the tireless efforts of mikegr and RegisDecamps.
* A new tab has been added to user pages to allow viewing of user contributions (RegisDecamps).
* Upgrades to Spring 2.06, Lucene 2.2, Acegi 1.0.4 and ehcache 1.3.
* Numerous other changes, bug fixes, cleanups, and generally good things.
See the README.txt and CHANGELOG.txt files included in the JAMWiki distribution for additional details about this release. Users are also encouraged to visit http://jamwiki.org/ for more detailed documentation, to report any problems, or to contribute to the project.