Menu

Missing glibj.zip and related error

Help
2011-02-15
2013-05-20
  • Javier Gálvez

Javier Gálvez - 2011-02-15

Hi,

I'm trying to run a basic HelloWorld Java program on an OpenWRT Backfire 10.03 platform after installing jamvm on it but I get this error:

# jamvm example      
    Exception occurred while VM initialising.
    java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Class

jamvm -version returns this:

_java version "1.5.0"
    JamVM version 1.5.4

Build information:

Execution Engine: switch-based interpreter
    Compiled with: gcc 4.4.2

Boot Library Path: /usr/lib/classpath
    Boot Class Path: /usr/share/jamvm/classes.zip:/usr/share/classpath/glibj.zip_

I've checked that the file classes.zip exists and it is on the specified location, but no glibj.zip exists on the system. As I supposed this was the problem, I downloaded the GNU classpath files (0.98 version) from http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/, untared them and then zipped into a file named glibj.zip. Then, I placed it on the corresponding directory. However, I'm getting the same error.

I would like to know what is the problem and how to solve it. Note that I didn't build jamvm on the OpenWRT file system, but I cross compiled it and then installed with opkg.

Thank you for your support,
    Javi

• Bertrand

Bertrand - 2011-03-23

Hi,
    You are right, glibj.zip comes from Classpath, it contains Java API classes. However you cannot just put java files downloaded from the internet and zip them, you have to compile the Classpath project to have this file and other librairies your system will need.