JAMon 2.75 release info.
Maven dependency follows:
<dependencies> <dependency> <groupId>com.jamonapi</groupId> <artifactId>jamon</artifactId> <version>2.75</version> </dependency> </dependencies>
JAMon 2.73 is a minor release with 2 changes: Improved concurrency, and fixed a regression bug that busted ejb monitoring.
JAMon 2.72 was releasd Today. JAMon 2.72 is a minor release. It now requires JDK 1.5 or higher however. If you are upgrading from JAMon 2.7 or lower you will also need to upgrade the JAMon war file
The following is a list of changes in this version:
- Nanosecond timing is now available - The MonitorFactor now contains a startNano method that times things in nanoseconds as opposed to the default value for the start method which still uses milliseconds. Note for most performance testing for business applications milliseconds is optimal.
- New Operating System Monitoring - A cool new ability to monitor anything on your OS such as your scripts. Call jstart/jstop/jadd scripts from your unix/linux/mac host and time and measure aspects of your operating system like script execution time, backup times, cpu utilization, and free memory to name a few. See the new JAMon videos on the home page for more information on how OS Monitoring works
- Monitor skip() method bug fix - The newly added monitor skip method was incorrectly calculated Max active and Avg active. Both of these were fixed.
- 3 New videos were placed on youtube - These videos show how JAMon works. The videos are each a few minutes long. The videos are JAMon 101, JAMon reporting, and JAMon operating system monitoring.
JAMon can monitor servlet/jsp performance as well as sql performance and it is open source. In fact I just created 3 short videos that explain it and put them on youtube. They are a few minutes long each. Even if you have used JAMon before I suggest watching them as it can do more than most people know.
* JAMon 101 - Intro to Monitoring with JAMon - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKooex0ZPcw
* JAMon reports demo - This shows the type of statistics that are gathered for servlets/jsp's as well as sql and more - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfIuoy8mP5c
* Operating System monitoring - This is a new feature that will be in the next release that lets you monitor your linux/unix/mac scripts with JAMon. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drf3d9m5zss
JAMon 2.71 is a minor release that adds a few features that users requested after version 2.7 (Thanks for patiently waiting!). JAMon still requires JDK 1.4 or higher (with a couple exceptions referenced below). If version 2.7 is working for you and you don't want the features below then this is not a required upgrade. To use 2.71 you must install the new jar (jamon-2.71.jar), and if you are using using JAMon war to view the JAMon stats then you must also install the new war. ... read more
The JAMon live demo that has been available for several years at www.jamonapi.com will be removed due to rising hosting costs. JAMon as a whole will of course continue to be available.
Sourceforge is requesting nominations for open source projects deserving of awards. If JAMon has been helpful to you please nominate it, so it get the recognition that it deserves! You will see a 'nomination' graphic/button at the JAMon page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/jamonapi/
I suggest nominating it in the "Best Developer Tool Category", however that is up to you.
Thought you guys would be interested in a live demo of the upcoming JAMon 2.1 release (within the next couple weeks). The live demo shows how JAMon can monitor ANY JDBC driver, and ANY interface. Monitoring can be enabled/disabled at runtime, so there is no downside to use it even on production systems. JAMon 2.1 requires JDK 1.4 or higher. The following is a brief description of JAMon and its demo app available at the following link: http://www.ssouza.com/JAMon ... read more
There has been a significant rewrite of JAMon. Changes include:
- Better performance.
- The ability to monitor things besides time.
- A much better API for getting data out of JAMon.
- User defined ranges.
- A new MonitorFactory.add(...) method that allows for tracking things besides time
- A much improved JAMonAdmin.jsp file that uses the FormattedDataSet to display and query JAMon stats.
- A cleaner/simpler implementation
- See www.jamonapi.com for a more thorough accounting of what is new in JAMon 2.0... read more
An HTML PowerPoint presentation is now available via the quick links section on the JAMon home page (http://www.jamonapi.com). The presentation was previously only available via the JAMon download.
The Java Application Monitor (JAMon) is a free, simple, high performance, thread safe, Java API that allows developers to easily monitor production applications. JAMon can be used to determine application performance bottlenecks, user/application interactions, and application scalability. JAMon gathers summary statistics such as hits, execution times (total, average, minimum, maximum, standard deviation), and simultaneous application requests. JAMon statistics are displayed in the sortable JAMon report. Go to http://www.fdsapi.com to see a live demo.... read more