Menu

Export all table records without specifying a base table

geffchang
2014-09-10
2014-09-12
  • geffchang

geffchang - 2014-09-10

Using the scott-tiger sample, I notice that a base table had to be specified, and that relationships had to exist. Assuming there is no filter (or Where), you could get a max of 44 records with DEPARTMENT as base table, but only 43 with EMPLOYEE as base table.

For my case, I have a DB where some tables have relationships, and others don't (even though they should be related, but aren't and can't be refactored because of necessary approvals from architects / managers). So, what I'd like is for Jailer to read the database, and dump all records (as DBUnit XML), following the heirarchy/dependencies, but at the same time also including those records that have no dependencies / relationships. Would that be possible?

At the worst case, I'd just break all the associations, and dump each table manually (which seems like a lot of work).

• Ralf Wisser

Ralf Wisser - 2014-09-12

Hi,

open the "Data Model Editor", select and "Edit" the table you want to dump all records from and check the "always export all rows (initial data)" checkbox.

Hth,
    Ralf

Last edit: Ralf Wisser 2016-07-08

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel