Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

User-defined DataTypes (MS SQL Server)

2009-08-26
2012-12-07
  • Hi,

I am using a user-defined datatype in tables that I wish to export using Jailer. Unfortunately I get the error message "Column, parameter, or variable #2: Cannot specify a column width on data type SurrogateKey".

The docs for sp_addtype suggest that a column width cannot be specified on a user-defined datatype.

I wasn't able to find a related issue in the Tracker, nor the Forums; is this a known issue and is there a workaround please?

Thanks,
    Stu.

• Although a later search turned up jailer_2.7.1.beta2.zip as containing a fix for a similar problem, I can't find that file.

• Ralf Wisser
      Ralf Wisser
      2009-08-27

Hi,

I'm sorry, but there is currently no support for user-defined datatypes. Feel free to open a feature request for that issue.

As a workaraound you can modify the primary key column definitions in the file "datamodel/table.cvs" manually after the analysis of the database schema. Remove all column-width specifications on user-defined datatypes. For example, remove the "(<n>)" in each "SurrogateKey(<n>)" type definition.

HTH,
      Ralf

• Oliver
    Oliver
    2012-08-29

I also have this issue in Jailer 4.0.13. Did you come across a resolution?

Anonymous

Cancel   Add attachments