Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Inclusive OR Gateway in Jadex (BPMN)

jadex123
2011-05-05
2013-06-12
  • jadex123
    jadex123
    2011-05-05

Hello,
    I have tried everything to use an inclusive OR in jadex but I always get the following error:

GRAVE: Fatal error, component 'atest010@AEY_446' will be removed.
    java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: No handler for activity: ProcessThread(id=ProcessThread_0(activity=MActivity(name=null, activityType=GatewayDataBasedInclusive), data={y=0.8505982379628296}, waiting=false)
    at jadex.bpmn.runtime.BpmnInterpreter.executeStep(BpmnInterpreter.java:965)
    at jadex.bpmn.runtime.BpmnInterpreter.executeStep(BpmnInterpreter.java:336)
    at jadex.base.AbstractComponentAdapter.execute(AbstractComponentAdapter.java:711)
    at jadex.commons.concurrent.Executor.code(Executor.java:209)
    at jadex.commons.service.execution.AsyncExecutionService$1.code(AsyncExecutionService.java:135)
    at jadex.commons.concurrent.Executor.run(Executor.java:85)
    at jadex.commons.service.execution.AsyncExecutionService$1.run(AsyncExecutionService.java:146)
    at jadex.commons.concurrent.ThreadPool$ServiceThread.run(ThreadPool.java:223)

The example I am trying to implement is a decision about the interval in which an integer belogns. Ex : x >5 , x>10 …etc.

I don't know what I did wrong but I can't figure it out. So I would be glad if you provide me with an inclusive OR example in jadex clarifying the conditions.

Thank you.

• Lars Braubach
    Lars Braubach
    2011-05-05

Hi,

Jadex BPMN does not support 'inclusive or' due to its rather blur execution semantics. Currently, you have to use an 'exclusive or' with 'and' patterns.

Best
    Lars

• jadex123
    jadex123
    2011-05-05

Thanks for the reply.
    what about the complex gateway? is it supported by Jadex BPMN or not

• Lars Braubach
    Lars Braubach
    2011-05-06

Hi,

yes, the complex gateway is supported. You may consider looking at the examples, especially the
    contract-net example, if you want to get an impression of complex processes implemented with Jadex BPMN.

Best
    Lars

• Lars Braubach
    Lars Braubach
    2011-05-06

The example is contained in jadex-applications-bpmn.jar,

the package is:
    jadex.bpmn.examples.contractnet

and you can start it by using the application:
    ContractNet.application.xml

In order to observe the ongoing negotiations you start the app suspended and activate the comanalyzer tool.

Best
    Lars

• Lars Braubach
    Lars Braubach
    2011-05-27

Hi,

I just added support for inclusive OR in Jadex BPMN. It will be available
    in Jadex rc7 or by using upcoming nightly builds.

Best
    Lars

• jadex123
    jadex123
    2011-05-27

Hi,
    That's good news, when will this version be available?
    Regards

• Lars Braubach
    Lars Braubach
    2011-05-29

It is contained in current nightly builds and we be shipped with rc7 in next or in 2 weeks.

Best
    Lars