Just want to open class files...

Help
DerManiac
2005-09-27
2013-04-15
  • DerManiac
    DerManiac
    2005-09-27

Until now the only way to decompile is to press Ctrl+Shift+T and then browse for the class file..

Isn't there any way to just browse for the class file in the Navigator view, or by clicking File->Open File??

• Johann Gyger
      Johann Gyger
      2005-09-28

Hi,

The Navigator view works for me. However File->Open File results in an error. I will create a bug report.

Johann

• DarkUniverse
      DarkUniverse
      2006-02-18

I think it is only possible to decompile class files in jar archives. This works fine. I could not make JADclipse work on pure *.class files.

I mean: Put your example class in a jar file and add it to the project as external jar. Then it should work. It's curious.

Christian

• DarkUniverse
      DarkUniverse
      2006-02-18

It also seems that it works fine if the class file is within a package. If the file is located in no package, it is not working on my machine.

I hope it helps you!

• Juliot Etienne
      Juliot Etienne
      2006-07-17

Same problem and wame workaround with Eclipse 3.2 final.

• Arie Lext
      Arie Lext
      2006-07-19

CTRL + SHIFT + T does nothing for me in Eclipse 3.2 final; and clicking on a .class file just opens the default classfile viewer while I have jadclipse as default.

• ceb1974
      ceb1974
      2007-01-09

I was having the same problem trying to view .class files in the Navigation view, but I realized I could decompile and view them just fine in the Package Explorer view.