After a large time a silence a sign of life from Jacson:
The source code is now available via the SF subversion services. After
having used a private repository for the last release we migrated to the
SF service to make it easier for you to contribute to the project.
The Jacson project released a beta version of the new Jacson Plugin Reference at http://jacson.sf.net/reference/index.html.
These docs are auto-generated using xdoclet (http://xdoclet.sf.net).
They provide an overview and a detailled as the javadocs are description of the available Jacson plugins like generic sources, filters, evaluators and reports.
And now something completely different: A new Jacson release including some RFE: A GroupingFilter to reorganize chunks and a HeadPad- and TailPadFilter to have something similar to awk's begin and end. Thanks to glocker and jm_beas for the feature requests.
So it comes to this - Jacson 0.89:
This releases introduces GenericSources which can be configured like plugin classes like Reports and Filters. Based on this extension a new driver application JacsonGeneric and a new SQLSource is provided.
Furthermore some fixes, updated documentation and a new BrokenLinkFilter.
For details see changelog at http://jacson.sf.net/changelog.html.
Since my (nestefan) lack of time has become one major bottleneck, I made pcs_org (http://sourceforge.net/users/pcs_org/) second admin of this project. There is hope, that he has another Jacson release to come sometime soon. Here we go!
This is a minor update. Excerpt from changelook.
Another release featuring work of Patrick Carl (aka pcs_org)
- New SetStateParamFilter to modify processing state when certain chunks
- JacsonReport now extends JacsonStately, Reports have access to the
processing state. This for example allows new combination of TailSource
and MailReport. (see monitor.conf in samples directory)
Excerpt from the Changelog:
- New Log4jReport, this adds another layer of processing, formatting,
filtering and forwarding to Jacson.
- New WebSessionFilter applies the standard definition (requests from
ip within timeout) to logfiles, to find sessions.
- New SimpleContainsFilter for more efficient simple String matching.
- New id.conf sample, for the (almost) most simple config possible.... read more
Excerpt from the Changelog:
This release contains lots of work by pcs_org. Thank you!
- The sample batches (head.sh + grep.sh) are now running under Unix (pcs_org)
- OCRSource uses GOCR (http://jocr.sf.net) to feed pictures (pcs_org)
- MailReport, first shot on generating mails from Jacson (pcs_org)
- PrintingReport allows filename or stdout now (pcs_org)
- Jacson command for JJacket 0.0.3 (jjacket.sf.net), JJacket not bundled
- Jacson now embeds into Ant FilterChains
- JacsonReader wraps Jacson into java.io.FilterReader
- New Filters and Selections
And many details more.
This should build again.
Sorry, v0.7 runs, but does not build fresh. We should have done a clean build run during final preparation. A release 0.71 will come soon. Stay tuned.
- FOP formatted output.
- Logfile monitoring.
Updates, fixes and better docs in other places.
There are several cahnges and improvements.Notably:
- Improved ant task integration
- Reading POP3 or IMAP mailboxes via MailSource
- Chunk stemming to do linguistic normalization to input.
With the beginning of the new year, Jacson is finally online: That means http://jacson.sf.net is up and there
are files released for you to download.