Problem in production Environment

Help
2012-03-23
2013-05-20
  • doomsday123
    doomsday123
    2012-03-23

Hi,
    I've developed an RPC application using JACOB and GWT.

When testing it in Eclipse everything works perfectly; but when deployed in an App Server (in the SAME MACHINE!) it gives a "Can't get clsid from progid" error.

How can this be possible? it works flawlessly when testing, hence I suppose that the DLL is loading correctly. I've test a simple Excel.Application object (in the server side) and it works with out problem.

Same behaviour happen using Tomcat and GlassFish App Servers, so I'm guessing it has to do with registry permissions or something like that, but I can't find a logical answer.

The application that I need to execute (server side) is correctly defined in the system registry!

Environment:
    - Windows 7 (32 bits)
    - Jacob 1.16

• clay_shooter
    clay_shooter
    2012-04-25

Are the servers running under one of the service IDs instead of your id? Also, is the lib library path set correctly for the servers?

• doomsday123
    doomsday123
    2012-04-27

The ID's are not the same, since the tests where made on my PC and the app has to be deployed on a server; but I've already updated the registry and forlders permitions so the Tomcat service owner could reach/execute them.

• doomsday123
    doomsday123
    2012-04-27

Sorry… wrong test…. the MACHINE AND SERVICE USER are the same……    the jacob.jar has been placed under Tomcat/shared library