#62 Add import set names and comments editor

open
None
5
2012-11-08
2007-04-10
Jan Brogger
No

This patch is a proposed development towards the use of JabRef to facilitate systematic reviews. A new user preference is introduced, "Use import set naming". When you import references, each import set can be tagged in a new "importset" feld. The data for each import set is stored in Bibtex @COMMENT fields. I also added an editor for these @COMMENT fields (in the Bibtex menu). There are currently working unit tests for the ImportSet classes, but not the other functionality. Feedback appreciated. Also some minor changes in build.xml to make the JUnit tests work better in Netbeans.

Discussion

  • Logged In: YES
    user_id=704995
    Originator: NO

    Thank you for this contribution - I think the features you are proposing are very interesting. I will look at the patch as soon as I have time.

     
  • Logged In: YES
    user_id=704995
    Originator: NO

    Looking through the patch, it seems to refer but not include the class CommentsEditor. Could it be that your patch didn't include added files?

     
  • Jan Brogger
    Jan Brogger
    2007-04-12

    Import set naming (updated)

     
  • Jan Brogger
    Jan Brogger
    2007-04-12

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=777506
    Originator: YES

    File Added: importsetnaming2.patch

     
  • Jan Brogger
    Jan Brogger
    2007-04-12

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=777506
    Originator: YES

    Sorry for the newbie mistake. I can't "Add" files to the remote repository, and I don't know how to use my local repository and the Sourceforge one at the same time. But I just selected the project root under "Projects" in Netbeans, selected CVS/Export diff patch, and now the new classes are there. Note: it will be more interesting once I add the functionality to read the ImportSets info back in, and add an ImportSet editor dialog. For now, it's just there in the importset field and the database-wide comments field, available with the editor. I had to learn Netbeans, Swing and puzzle out JabRef from a small knowledge base so it took time. It will go faster now. LayoutManagers alone took me an all-nighter. Will hopefully have it in a few days.