#1223 Internetsearch: Search GVK not working

next release
open
nobody
None
5
2014-08-17
2014-04-09
Felix Wilke
No

Hello,
the "GVK Search" as part of the internet search tools to import entries does not work anymore. Since it does not work in 2.9 and 2.10 I assume the error is not caused by changes in JabRef. Unfortunately I could not figure out who exactly created the plugin and hence should be able to fix it with least effort.

Felix

Related

Bugs: #1223

Discussion

  • Felix Wilke
    Felix Wilke
    2014-07-01

    After all this only seems to be the problem of a different URL suffix.

    If the code lines 245-247 in GVKFetcher.java are changed to [...see below] it should work again.

    String urlPrefix = "http://sru.gbv.de/gvk?version=1.1&operation=searchRetrieve&query=";
    String urlQuery = query;
    String urlSuffix = "&maximumRecords=50&sortKeys=YOP%2Cpica%2C0%2C%2C";

    Unfortunately I have absolutely no experience in compiling a java project.
    *If the code isn't part if JabRef anymore, the plugin can be retrieved from: http://jabref.tempelb.de/

    May be somebody could just update the project-file

     
  • Hello,

    I am not the developer of the GVK-Plugin, but with a little help from him
    I have managed to fix the problem (hope so). The new version is available at http://jabref.tempelb.de/.

    I had to adjust URL prefix and suffix, and the xml prefix in the fetched data. As the GVK-Plugin is designed to support biblatex's data model, I have made two additional changes:

    • instead of the field name 'year' now 'date' is used (as biblatex uses the 'date' field for every kind of dates und date ranges).

    • the 'subtitle' field will now be capitalized

    Best regards,

    Bernhard

     
    • Felix Wilke
      Felix Wilke
      2014-08-18

      Dear Bernhard,
      thanks a lot! This makes working with JabRef a lot more efficient - at
      least for German users.

      Felix

      On 17 August 2014 18:45, Bernhard Tempel tempelb@users.sf.net wrote:

      Hello,

      I am not the developer of the GVK-Plugin, but with a little help from him
      I have managed to fix the problem (hope so). The new version is available
      at http://jabref.tempelb.de/.

      I had to adjust URL prefix and suffix, and the xml prefix in the fetched
      data. As the GVK-Plugin is designed to support biblatex's data model, I
      have made two additional changes:

      -

      instead of the field name 'year' now 'date' is used (as biblatex uses
      the 'date' field for every kind of dates und date ranges).
      -

      the 'subtitle' field will now be capitalized

      Best regards,

      Bernhard

      Status: open
      Group: next release
      Created: Wed Apr 09, 2014 06:06 AM UTC by Felix Wilke
      Last Updated: Tue Jul 01, 2014 07:13 AM UTC
      Owner: nobody

      Hello,
      the "GVK Search" as part of the internet search tools to import entries
      does not work anymore. Since it does not work in 2.9 and 2.10 I assume the
      error is not caused by changes in JabRef. Unfortunately I could not figure
      out who exactly created the plugin and hence should be able to fix it with
      least effort.

      Felix

      Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
      https://sourceforge.net/p/jabref/bugs/1223/

      To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
      https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

       

      Related

      Bugs: #1223

      Attachments