We are currently heavily working toward our JavaFX / Swing decoupled implementations. Normally, the Swing implementation should work exactly as before (our regular Unit Tests pass OK as for the previous Swing-only version).
The new JavaFX implementation start to work well and implement all the widgets and constructs which are supported by the Swing version.
However, there are still some things to sort out:
- MapItems are working, but we should still have a bunch of bugs to squash there (even if it works without exceptions)
- MaskContainers are not masking well (ahem)
- The Editor work in JavaFX and Swing, but it is still not possible to selected widgets in JavaFX
- And surely a lot of small problems
The architecture is stable now(and for quite some time). As son as possible, we will upload a 1.0Beta 1 version for people to look at it.
Some things which are interesting with this new version is:
- JavaFX use a SceneGraph, and perform a lot of things much more naturally than Swing. The Look And Feel is also much more simple
- In JavaFX, animations, multitouch, and all these things can be used. Also we integrated JavaFX widgets in the Server as extensions without any problems (including handling multitouch gestures and animations)
-Also the fact that the core of the Server is decoupled from the UI means that it will be much easier to have a C++ / ObjC implementation. I would like to try it as soon aswe have reached a Beta 1 version.
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.
The first 1.0 Beta (with Swing AND JavaFX support) should be uploaded this weekend.
Almost 100% of all Unit Tests work OK, so Swing seems to work fine. However expect some remaining bugs for this Beta, even if we tested it a lot, it would be surprising that nothing was broken, because the code reorganization is huge.
Also it will be possible to use it in a full JavaFX environment (without ANY Swing / AWT, which will make possible to use it with Java 7 on iOS or Android tablets in the foreseable future).
Next Beta will be next Week-end. We will also upload a new 0.57 Beta (with the old architecture, and still working on Java 6). After that, don't expect a new Beta until end of August / beginning of September. It's holiday time after all. However I will surely post about my experiments about converting the Java core code to ObjC.
Next Beta will probably be uploaded around the 19th of August.