Can't start java2script

Help
2006-09-29
2013-04-24
  • Lance Frohman
    Lance Frohman
    2006-09-29

I just set up java2script, and tried the helloworld app, but I get "an internal error
    occured during launching", in workspace/.metadata/.log, I get:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2006-09-28 18:17:57.515
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Launching".
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at net.sf.j2s.ui.launching.J2SLaunchingUtil.generateClasspathExistedClasses(J2SLaunchingUtil.java:297)
        at net.sf.j2s.ui.launching.J2SLaunchingUtil.generateHTML(J2SLaunchingUtil.java:636)
        at net.sf.j2s.ui.launching.J2SLaunchingUtil.launchingJ2SApp(J2SLaunchingUtil.java:62)
        at net.sf.j2s.ui.launching.J2SLaunchConfigurationDelegate.launch(J2SLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:19)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:639)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:565)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:754)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$6.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:944)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)

• Josson Smith
      Josson Smith
      2006-09-29

Hi Lance,

This is a bug of Java2Script described at
      http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1563609&group_id=155436&atid=795800

It's fixed in SVN but not yet released.

To avoid such bugs, please move your Java sources into source folder like "src".

• Lance Frohman
      Lance Frohman
      2006-09-29

That fixed it.
      Thanks

• Herman
      Herman
      2006-11-07

I'm having the same bug.
      I've placed my one java file "HelloWorld.java"in a ".src" directory, but this does help.
      Please specify exactly what I should do.
      Thanks,
      Herman

• Josson Smith
        Josson Smith
        2006-11-12

This bug was fixed in 1.0.0 M4. Please update to the newly released 1.0.0 M4.

• Herman
          Herman
          2006-11-14

Even after the update to 1.0.0 M4, the error remains :

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2006-11-14 09:15:10.372
          !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Launching".
          !STACK 0
          java.lang.NullPointerException
              at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source)
              at net.sf.j2s.ui.launching.J2SLaunchingUtil.generateClasspathExistedClasses(J2SLaunchingUtil.java:297)
              at net.sf.j2s.ui.launching.J2SLaunchingUtil.generateHTML(J2SLaunchingUtil.java:636)
              at net.sf.j2s.ui.launching.J2SLaunchingUtil.launchingJ2SApp(J2SLaunchingUtil.java:62)
              at net.sf.j2s.ui.launching.J2SLaunchConfigurationDelegate.launch(J2SLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:19)
              at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:639)
              at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:565)
              at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:754)
              at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$6.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:944)
              at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)

• Josson Smith
      Josson Smith
      2006-11-14

Hi Herman,

I check with my new M4 environment and the bug seems gone.

And my suggestion would be double checking that M4 is correctly installed and no M3 remains in Eclipse plugins folder and then rebuild your project.

And if there are still bugs, please provide the following information for me to locate the bug position:
      1. Which M4 come from? 3.1 or 3.2, from update manager or from downloads?
      2. Your eclipse\plugins' net.sf.j2* last modified time or file size
      3. Your workspace and project's location, and your project file and folder structure

Thanks

Regards

• Herman
        Herman
        2006-11-15

Thanks, after removing all files of the previous versions, it works.
        It's a wondefull idea of being able to designing a java application, which can then be accessed via the browser.
        Herman