How to run?

Help
2005-02-10
2013-04-17
  • Gustavo Rimolo
    Gustavo Rimolo
    2005-02-10

Hi all,
    What means run in a j2me command line environment? I'm using Wtk2.2. I know only the "emulator" command... but... I would like to just run as normal apps...
    Also... I tried to use with Eclipse... but... I failed...
    I'll appreciate any help.
    Thanks,
    Gustavo

• J2MEUnit contains a MIDlet implementation (TestRunner) that you can use to run tests. Please refer to the WTK documentation on how to run MIDlets, this is not J2MEUnit related.

• Gustavo Rimolo
        Gustavo Rimolo
        2005-02-10

Hi eso,
        Thanks for your answer. You did not get my point.
        I know how to run MIDlets on WTK, using the ktoolbar, command line or even on the eclipse IDE.
        My question is "how to run test classes by command line - not using the emulator exec from wtk". When trying the j2meunit.textui.TestRunner I got "Error occurred during initialization of VM
        java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Cloneable" (at command line). When trying the j2meunit.midletui.TestRunner, it runs, but I got "Application not authorized to access the restricted API J2ME Unit 1.1.1" (at emulator).
        Any tips? Thanks in advance.

• Sorry, have no idea.  "java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Cloneable" seems to indicate that there is something wrong with your boot classpath.

• Gustavo Rimolo
            Gustavo Rimolo
            2005-02-10

Hey eso,
            You're right! I got this using eclipse... till now I could not fix this... but I could run at command line... using java -cp "midpapi10.jar..." TestClass
            It runs... but I got an error "getProperty0" when open a connection. The problem is that it expects to be inside an emulator in order to get the configuration properties. I am almost convinced I'll need to run j2me tests inside an emulator. Anyway, I still have the "Application not authorized to access the restricted API" error using emulator/MIDLet Test Runner.
            It ocurrs when creating a MIDLet (I create an instance of a MIDLet to test some public methods)

• Gustavo Rimolo
              Gustavo Rimolo
              2005-02-10

Hey, one more thing: the "Application not authorized to access the restricted API" error using emulator/MIDLet Test Runner occurs only when I try to instantiate a MIDLet class. (I was testing one method from a MIDLet). If a refactor this (I put such method in a helper class), I can succesfully test that helper class.
              Things are getting better... but I still search for a solution without use the "emulator"... because such way I'll have user iteration. It will not automated :(
              Gustavo