OPCHDA ReadRaw: how to pass [in, out] structures?

Help
2014-01-23
2014-02-27
  • Hello,

This has been asked on the list already and the solution has apparently been found but no details were given:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/j-interop/forums/forum/600730/topic/1922535

and later

https://sourceforge.net/p/j-interop/discussion/600730/thread/390f67c8/

but I cannot get it to work and hence my request for help.

I am working on the implementation of the OPC HDA ReadRaw method and it requires to pass two [in, out] structure pointers

typedef struct tagOPCHDA_TIME
    {
    BOOL bString;
    [string] LPWSTR szTime;
    FILETIME ftTime;
    }
    OPCHDA_TIME;

The call is

HRESULT ReadRaw(
    [in, out] OPCHDA_TIME htStartTime,

[in, out] OPCHDA_TIME
    htEndTime,
    [in] DWORD dwNumValues,
    [in] BOOL bBounds,
    [in] DWORD dwNumItems,
    [in, size_is(dwNumItems)] OPCHANDLE* phServer,
    [out, size_is(,dwNumItems)] OPCHDA_ITEM ppItemValues,

[out, size_is(,dwNumItems)] HRESULT
    ppErrors
    );

I do it the following way but it results in 0x800706F7 (Stub received bad data) error:

callObject.addInParamAsPointer(new JIPointer(startTime.toStruct(), true), JIFlags.FLAG_NULL);
        callObject.addInParamAsPointer(new JIPointer(endTime.toStruct(), true), JIFlags.FLAG_NULL);

callObject.addInParamAsInt(nValues, JIFlags.FLAG_NULL);
        callObject.addInParamAsBoolean(bounds, JIFlags.FLAG_NULL);
        callObject.addInParamAsInt(handles.length, JIFlags.FLAG_NULL);
        callObject.addInParamAsArray(new JIArray(handles, true), JIFlags.FLAG_NULL);

// this is to get OPCHDA_Time structures back
        callObject.addOutParamAsObject(new JIPointer(OPCHDATime.getStruct()), JIFlags.FLAG_NULL);
        callObject.addOutParamAsObject(new JIPointer(OPCHDATime.getStruct()), JIFlags.FLAG_NULL);

callObject.addOutParamAsObject(new JIPointer(new JIArray(OPCHDAItem.getStruct(), null, 1, true)), JIFlags.FLAG_NULL);
        callObject.addOutParamAsObject(new JIPointer(new JIArray(Integer.class, null, 1, true)), JIFlags.FLAG_NULL);

Object result[] = Helper.callRespectSFALSE(getCOMObject(), callObject);

Can anybody please let me know what might be wrong? Is this the correct way to work with [in, out] agruments?

I also see that sometimes people pass Integers instead of Booleans in the arguments, I have tried both ways in this call and the result is the same. So I assume the problem is elsewhere.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,
    AR

• Hello,

I would really appreciate it if somebody could share their thoughts on this.

Thanks.

AR