Problem compiling IVT and QT

Help
2011-11-07
2013-05-09
  • I've got these errors when compiling the IVTGUIQtLib.dsp
    the following erros occur:

C:\IVT\IVT\src\gui\GUIFactory.cpp|       |In function 'bool FileDialog(bool, const char**, int, const char*, char*, int)':|
    C:\IVT\IVT\src\gui\GUIFactory.cpp|403|error: 'sprintf' was not declared in this scope|
    C:\IVT\IVT\src\gui\GUIFactory.cpp|       |In function 'bool LoadImageFromFile(const char*, CByteImage*)':|
    C:\IVT\IVT\src\gui\GUIFactory.cpp|486|warning: missing initializer for member 'tagBITMAPINFOHEADER::biWidth'|
    C:\IVT\IVT\src\gui\GUIFactory.cpp|486|warning: missing initializer for member 'tagBITMAPINFOHEADER::biHeight'|
    C:\IVT\IVT\src\gui\GUIFactory.cpp|486|warning: missing initializer for member 'tagBITMAPINFOHEADER::biPlanes'|
    C:\IVT\IVT\src\gui\GUIFactory.cpp|486|warning: missing initializer for member 'tagBITMAPINFOHEADER::biBitCount'|
    C:\IVT\IVT\src\gui\GUIFactory.cpp|486|warning: missing initializer for member 'tagBITMAPINFOHEADER::biCompression'|
    C:\IVT\IVT\src\gui\GUIFactory.cpp|486|warning: missing initializer for member 'tagBITMAPINFOHEADER::biSizeImage'|
    C:\IVT\IVT\src\gui\GUIFactory.cpp|486|warning: missing initializer for member 'tagBITMAPINFOHEADER::biXPelsPerMeter'|
    C:\IVT\IVT\src\gui\GUIFactory.cpp|486|warning: missing initializer for member 'tagBITMAPINFOHEADER::biYPelsPerMeter'|
    C:\IVT\IVT\src\gui\GUIFactory.cpp|486|warning: missing initializer for member 'tagBITMAPINFOHEADER::biClrUsed'|
    C:\IVT\IVT\src\gui\GUIFactory.cpp|486|warning: missing initializer for member 'tagBITMAPINFOHEADER::biClrImportant'|
    C:\IVT\IVT\src\gui\GUIFactory.cpp|486|warning: missing initializer for member 'tagBITMAPINFO::bmiColors'|
    ||=== Build finished: 1 errors, 11 warnings ===|

Does anyone know what the problem is?

• i figured the " 'sprintf' was not declared in this scope " error out already but it still gives the errors about GUIFactory.cpp
    the sprintf error was about I needed to include stdio.h and using namespace std.

• Pedram Azad
    Pedram Azad
    2011-11-10

Hello,

from your screen dump I can only see the error related to sprintf, so I can't say anything about the other errors.

And is there a specific reason you are trying to compile the IVTGUIQtLib.dsp? None of the example applications need this, this IVTGUIGtLib project is deprecated. For several years the IVT has a new GUI toolkit, and under Windows the native Win32 API is used, so there is no need for Qt.

Please also check out former threads about this topic in this forum. There I explained how to activate the Qt implementation of the IVT GUI toolkit with Windows, if you need it nevertheless.

However, please note that GUIFactor.cpp is a file from the new GUI toolkit and IVTGUIQtLib.dsp is a project file from the old GUI toolkit, so they are not related.

Pedram

• Hi pedram,

First of all, thank you for your response.
    I wanted to build the IVTWin32GUILib, but the same errors occured.
    It finished building without any errors,
    but with the 12 warnings from the GUIFactory.cpp file again.

Thank you

• Hi pedram

I solved the problem it had to do with the name output file it wasn't the same so i changed it and it worked.

But… now I have another problem, I wanted to build and run the HarrisSIFTDemo but it couldn't
    The build log gave me following errors:

Linking console executable: HarrisSIFTDemod.exe
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(GUIFactory.o):GUIFactory.cpp:(.text+0x52): undefined reference to `IID_IPicture'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(GUIFactory.o):GUIFactory.cpp:(.text+0x72): undefined reference to `OleLoadPicturePath@24'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(GUIFactory.o):GUIFactory.cpp:(.text+0x92): undefined reference to `CreateCompatibleDC@4'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(GUIFactory.o):GUIFactory.cpp:(.text+0xc2): undefined reference to `GetDeviceCaps@8'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(GUIFactory.o):GUIFactory.cpp:(.text+0x10a): undefined reference to `GetDeviceCaps@8'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(GUIFactory.o):GUIFactory.cpp:(.text+0x193): undefined reference to `CreateDIBSection@24'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(GUIFactory.o):GUIFactory.cpp:(.text+0x1b6): undefined reference to `SelectObject@8'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(GUIFactory.o):GUIFactory.cpp:(.text+0x29b): undefined reference to `DeleteObject@4'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(GUIFactory.o):GUIFactory.cpp:(.text+0x2a4): undefined reference to `DeleteDC@4'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(GUIFactory.o):GUIFactory.cpp:(.text+0x2dc): undefined reference to `DeleteDC@4'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(GUIFactory.o):GUIFactory.cpp:(.text+0x42a): undefined reference to `GetSaveFileNameA@4'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(GUIFactory.o):GUIFactory.cpp:(.text+0x440): undefined reference to `GetOpenFileNameA@4'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(Win32MainWindow.o):Win32MainWindow.cpp:(.text+0x28b): undefined reference to `SwapBuffers@4'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(Win32MainWindow.o):Win32MainWindow.cpp:(.text+0x41a): undefined reference to `SelectObject@8'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(Win32MainWindow.o):Win32MainWindow.cpp:(.text+0x428): undefined reference to `DeleteObject@4'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(Win32MainWindow.o):Win32MainWindow.cpp:(.text+0x4d2): undefined reference to `CreateDIBSection@24'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(Win32MainWindow.o):Win32MainWindow.cpp:(.text+0x4f2): undefined reference to `SelectObject@8'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(Win32MainWindow.o):Win32MainWindow.cpp:(.text+0x118f): undefined reference to `BitBlt@36'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(Win32MainWindow.o):Win32MainWindow.cpp:(.text+0x17da): undefined reference to `SelectObject@8'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(Win32MainWindow.o):Win32MainWindow.cpp:(.text+0x17eb): undefined reference to `DeleteObject@4'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(Win32MainWindow.o):Win32MainWindow.cpp:(.text+0x1816): undefined reference to `DeleteDC@4'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(Win32MainWindow.o):Win32MainWindow.cpp:(.text+0x1c16): undefined reference to `SelectObject@8'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(Win32MainWindow.o):Win32MainWindow.cpp:(.text+0x1c27): undefined reference to `DeleteObject@4'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(Win32MainWindow.o):Win32MainWindow.cpp:(.text+0x1c52): undefined reference to `DeleteDC@4'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(Win32MainWindow.o):Win32MainWindow.cpp:(.text+0x2046): undefined reference to `SelectObject@8'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(Win32MainWindow.o):Win32MainWindow.cpp:(.text+0x2057): undefined reference to `DeleteObject@4'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(Win32MainWindow.o):Win32MainWindow.cpp:(.text+0x2082): undefined reference to `DeleteDC@4'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(Win32MainWindow.o):Win32MainWindow.cpp:(.text+0x27fb): undefined reference to `ChoosePixelFormat@8'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(Win32MainWindow.o):Win32MainWindow.cpp:(.text+0x2811): undefined reference to `SetPixelFormat@12'
    ..\..\lib\win32/ivtwin32gui.lib(Win32MainWindow.o):Win32MainWindow.cpp:(.text+0x34b3): undefined reference to `CreateCompatibleDC@4'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 1 seconds)
    30 errors, 0 warnings