Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Can't build IVTQTGUILib

Help
2006-09-19
2013-05-09
  • Michael Wilt
    Michael Wilt
    2006-09-19

I have not been able to build this library, so I can't build most of the examples.  I hunted around and got stuff that looked like prerequisites and finally wound up here:

--------------------Configuration: IVTQTGUILib - Win32 Debug--------------------
    Compiling...
    QTWindow.cpp
    C:\installs\IVT\src\gui\QTWindow.cpp(147) : error C2027: use of undefined type 'QMouseEvent'
            c:\qt\4.1.4\include\qtgui\qwidget.h(53) : see declaration of 'QMouseEvent'
    C:\installs\IVT\src\gui\QTWindow.cpp(147) : error C2227: left of '->button' must point to class/struct/union
    C:\installs\IVT\src\gui\QTWindow.cpp(147) : error C2065: 'LeftButton' : undeclared identifier
    C:\installs\IVT\src\gui\QTWindow.cpp(151) : error C2027: use of undefined type 'QMouseEvent'
    C:\installs\IVT\src\gui\QTWindow.cpp(151) : error C2227: left of '->x' must point to class/struct/union
    C:\installs\IVT\src\gui\QTWindow.cpp(151) : error C2027: use of undefined type 'QMouseEvent'
    C:\installs\IVT\src\gui\QTWindow.cpp(151) : error C2227: left of '->y' must point to class/struct/union
    C:\installs\IVT\src\gui\QTWindow.cpp(162) : error C2027: use of undefined type 'QMouseEvent'
    C:\installs\IVT\src\gui\QTWindow.cpp(162) : error C2227: left of '->x' must point to class/struct/union
    C:\installs\IVT\src\gui\QTWindow.cpp(163) : error C2027: use of undefined type 'QMouseEvent'
    C:\installs\IVT\src\gui\QTWindow.cpp(163) : error C2227: left of '->y' must point to class/struct/union
    C:\installs\IVT\src\gui\QTWindow.cpp(171) : error C2027: use of undefined type 'QMouseEvent'
    C:\installs\IVT\src\gui\QTWindow.cpp(171) : error C2227: left of '->x' must point to class/struct/union
    C:\installs\IVT\src\gui\QTWindow.cpp(172) : error C2027: use of undefined type 'QMouseEvent'
    C:\installs\IVT\src\gui\QTWindow.cpp(172) : error C2227: left of '->y' must point to class/struct/union
    Error executing cl.exe.

ivtguiqtd.lib - 15 error(s), 0 warning(s)

• Pedram Azad
      Pedram Azad
      2006-10-02

The IVT currently supports qt3 only. Under Windows we usually use qtwin. The most recent qt3 version of qtwin offering installers for various IDEs is qt-win-3.3.4-3, with this version you won't experience any problems, as well as with the original qt3 from Trolltech. The link to qt-win-3.3.4-3 is:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=49109&package_id=42335&release_id=331966

• Does IVT support qt4.4? I just downloaded it and now I'm installing it, but it takes such a long time. In vain?

• Pedram Azad
        Pedram Azad
        2008-07-29

In the meanwhile, the IVT supports Qt4. As IVTQTGUILib contains only very few files, I'm wondering what you mean by "it takes such a long time". Maybe your compiler has a problem and runs into an endless loop? Compiling should take a couple of seconds only.

Are there any warnings or error messages? What version of the Visual Studio do you use?

Pedram

• I downloaded the latest QT4 from here: http://trolltech.com/download?target=http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/Qt/qt/source/qt-win-opensource-4.4.0-mingw.exe and installing this package took a few hours!
          I would appreciate it if you could tell me what I should do to run HSVColorSegmentation or StereoClick applications. I know it is kinda lame question :)

• Pedram Azad
            Pedram Azad
            2008-07-29

We have an installation guide, which is an excerpt of our book "Computer Vision - Principles and Practice". You can download the installation guide in the download section of the webpage:

http://wwwiaim.ira.uka.de/computer-vision/index-en.html

There, you find the link to the download section on the top left corner, and on the next page, it is the file "Installation-EN.pdf".

Let me know if you still have open questions after following the guide. It should help you with the settings for the Visual Studio and everything.

Pedram