Ubuntu 11.10 64Bit compiling Problems

Help
2012-01-20
2013-05-09
  • Hi there,
    i want to run IVT on ubuntu 11.10 64 bit i get problems with make for my owno project.

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../lib/linux/libivtuserlibs.a when searching for -livtuserlibs
    /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible ../../lib/linux/libivtuserlibs.a when searching for -livtuserlibs
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -livtuserlibs
    collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
    /code]
    i figured out that skipping incompatible has something to do with my 64bit version but i cant fix this problem.
    Any Ideas
    Thanks a lot.

• Pedram Azad
    Pedram Azad
    2012-01-20

Hi,

could you please post the linker line that results in this error message, I mean the call to g++ to link everything together.

Sounds a bit like some parts where compile 32 bit and other 64 bit, could that be the case?

Pedram

• Thanks for the fast reply.
    here it is, and some lines more. ;)
    I cant figure it out maybe you have an idea.

g++ -g main.o humanHandTracking.o    -L../../lib/linux -L../../lib/linux -lGL -lGLU -lQtOpenGL -lQtGui -lQtCore   -livtgui -livt -livtuserlibs  -o humanHandTracking
    /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -livtuserlibs
    collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
    make: *** [humanHandTracking] Fehler 1

Peter

• Pedram Azad
    Pedram Azad
    2012-01-24

Hi Peter,

so you have a separate Makefile for your ivtuserlibs. Have you made sure that you are using the same compiler for compiling the ivt and the ivtuserlibs? Have you tried a "make clean && make", both in IVT/src and in your userlibs?

By the way, because of heavy spamming I have to close anonymous access to the forums. So if you need further help and don't have a Sourceforge account, you can email me.

Pedram

• Anonymous
    2012-03-04

Hi Pedram,

time passed by and i still have no idea whats wrong. In the meantime i figured out that there are problems with qt 4.7.4 can you confirm that? IVT just can't find some qt libraries its needed. (they are installed and working, tested with some other applications, and i tried to set the basepath in the makefile.base) I dont know if its a qt problem or a problem about ubuntu, eventually the repository qt version is the problem, i just dont know. I tried to downgrade qt but it takes much time and after the downgrade i get problems with some other things. Now i'm using ubuntu 10.04 with qt 4.6.2 , it takes just several minutes of my lifetime and now it works like a charm. :) I really want to go back to 11.10 (I am accustomed to the unity desktop) Do you think its getting better with qt 4.8? Ubuntu 12.04 lts gets qt 4.8, it will be released in april. I think i,ll give it a try and post my experinece here.
    Greetings Peter