Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

CameraToWorldCoordinates

Help
2010-11-02
2013-05-09
  • Hello sir,

I would like to know if void CCalibration::GetCameraCoordinates(const Vec3d &worldPoint, Vec2d &cameraPoint, bool bUseDistortionParameters) const and void  CameraToWorldCoordinates  functions same?

I am trying to find the position of the camera using camera calibration parameters. For this , I would like to convert world cordinates (X,Y,Z) of a point in space into its camera coordinates. I could not find CameraToWorldCoordinates   function in "calibration.h". Can you please let me know which function I should use to convert world coordinates to camera coordinates and to find the position of camera in space using calibration parameters?

I would be thankful to you if you could help me in this regard.

• Hello Sir,
    Sorry for the typing mistake. I mean WorldToCameraCoordinates function instead of CameraToWorldCoordinates in my previous message. Can you please help me in this regard? I am really struggling to find this function in the IVT library. Have a nice day.

• Pedram Azad
    Pedram Azad
    2010-11-03

Hello,

I don't quite understand what you mean, as the methods CCalibration::WorldToCameraCoordinates(const Vec3d&, Vec3d &) and CCalibration::CameraToWorldCoordinates(const Vec3d&, Vec3d &) both exist.

Note that there are three coordinate systems: world coordinate system (3D), camera coordinate system (3D) and image coordinate system (2D). You can read about the theory in the Doxygen documentation and in our book "Computer Vision - Principles and Practice" (see ivt.sourceforge.net for further information).

Maybe you are looking for CCalibration::WorldToImageCoordinates(const Vec3d& Vec2d&, bool), which is available as well.

Pedram