On anonymous request, SMF format support was fixed.
Support of some formats has been verified and fixed.
- Fixed HRC, TEC, POV and VLA format support
- Shapes can now belong to a mesh
- Added rename meshes commands
- Added reducing mesh name sizes and making the names unique
Renaming meshes was required for 3DS format support - inside these files, every mesh name must be no longer than 10 characters and unique. These conditions are now always met - wrong names are automatically changed.
- Rewritten the INTERACT commands routines
- Added reducinng face order user command
- Added mesh renaming user command
- Started unification of file reading routines
- Corrected BYU format
- Corrected DXF format
- Minor corrections in ASC and ASE
- Some speedups in listing mesh vertices
- ASE export can support face order up to 26
- Extended and fixed WRL writing
- Fixed re-setting faces area after reducing faces order
- Added support of Syndicate Wars maps SWM
New release - a few bug fixes in 3DS and SWV formats, better error detection and data correction in program core. Also, added support of SWM - Syndicate Wars map files.
The new version offers all file formats supported by original IVCON, and supports a lot more scene elements:
* Unlimited number of vertices (vertices are points in 3D space);
* Unlimited number of faces (face is a single closed area made of some vertices);
* Unlimited number of meshes/object (a mesh, or a object, is a set of faces making one element; mesh usually closes a volume);
* Unlimited number of shapes/lines (lines are usually helpers in 3D scene);
* Unlimited number of materials; diffuse, ambient and specular color in every material; alpha (transparency) is also supported;
* Unlimited number of textures; alpha level for every texture;
* Texture mapping (so-called UV mapping - defines how to place textures on meshes);
* Three textures in every material: diffuse, diffuse alpha map and bump;
* One default place of view and unlimited cameras
* Environment parameters - color and texture; unlimited lights;
* Program allows to merge scenes from different files; automatically fixes errors in data;
* Basic data processing - face order reduction, small faces deletion;
Support for lights has just been added to the program core. Lights are not implemented yet inside format libraries, but it is easy to do this now.