Menu

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [jdbc/itracker_ds] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [jdbc].

2013-08-05
2013-08-07
  • Jasbir Singh

Jasbir Singh - 2013-08-05

Hi All,
    I am trying to install itracker, i have downloaded it and also added the itracker.war in my tomcat 7.0 webapps folder. While following this install guide http://itracker.sourceforge.net/install.html when i run tomcat and i face the error "javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [jdbc/itracker_ds] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [jdbc]." Am not understanding how to configure step 3 though am referring to example provided in this step but the example is not understandable by me. I am confused how to configure tomcat's context.xml,server.xml and do i also need to have a context.xml in META-INF folder of itracker ? do i need to make any changes in "datasource.xml", application-context.xml of itracker ??

• Marco

Marco - 2013-08-05

Hi Jasbir
    You should check the Tomcat 7 documentation to see how to configure the naming resources in detail. There are some examples in the itracker source as well. If you want you can also use a datasource configured in the Spring context, then you would have to change the datasource.xml accordingly.
    Kind Regards
    Marco

• Jasbir Singh

Jasbir Singh - 2013-08-07

Hi Macro, I gone through the examples of itracker and come to know that i have to put context.xml in META-INF of itracker also. When i did this my problem is solved.

Thanks for the help..