Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

References for MAP algorithm implementation

Help
andy_panov
2013-08-05
2013-08-05
  • andy_panov
    andy_panov
    2013-08-05

Hi Bogdan,

I am working on my own implementation of MAP algorithm for non-systematic non-recursive convolutional code. I noticed, you implemented it for itpp. Could you please point me to some references which can be useful in implementation (I am quite familiar with BCJR algorithm, but do not quite understand how soft outputs for coded bits should be generated).

Thank you,
    Andy.

PS As far as I understood your code, for each M coded bits corresponding to the state transition you are scanning the trellis to identify the subsets of transitions with each of these coded bits set to 1 and 0. You compute the extrinsic output the same way for this subsets as it was done for the information bits.

Last edit: andy_panov 2013-08-05
  • Bogdan Cristea
    Bogdan Cristea
    2013-08-05

Hi Andy
    Please have a look at these articles and references therein:

L. R. Bahl, J. Cocke, F. Jelinek, and J. Raviv. Optimal
    decoding of linear codes for minimizing symbol errorrate. IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, pages
    284–287, Mar. 1974.

S. Benedetto, D. Divsalar, G. Montorsi, and F. Pollara.
    A soft-input soft-output APP module for iterative decoding of concatenated codes. IEEE Communications
    Letters, 1(1):22–24, Jan. 1997.

Steven S. Pietrobon and Adrian S. Barbulescu, "A simplification of
    the modified Bahl decoding algorithm for systematic convolutional codes", Proc. ISITA, 1994

The source code also contains some references.

regards
    Bogdan

Last edit: Bogdan Cristea 2013-08-05
  • andy_panov
    andy_panov
    2013-08-05

Thank you, Bogdan,

I'll definitely look into it.

Andy.