Error message after clean 2.0 install

Rebulator
2012-12-16
2012-12-19
  • Rebulator
    Rebulator
    2012-12-16

Greetings,

I performed a new install of 2.0 on a test machine and I get the following error when I click on the User Accounts Menu:

http://service.url.here.com/pages/UI.php?c=1&c=UserAccountsMenu

Fatal error: Call to a member function GetOrderBySQLExpressions() on a non-object in /var/www/service.url.here.com/core/metamodel.class.php on line 2123

I know I'm running an older set of php and mysql, but it does meet the minimum requirements.  Here's a bit more about my server:

Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) PHP/5.2.6-3ubuntu4.6 with Suhosin-Patch mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8o
    MySQL client version: 5.0.75
    PHP extension: mysql
    php -v : PHP 5.2.6-3ubuntu4.6

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Rebulator
    Rebulator
    2012-12-17

I can't seem to locate the cause of this error.  When I load the project into a debugger, I can't replicate the fatal error.  I created a new project in NetBeans and ran it against a new install of iTop and couldn't replicate the issue.  Then I created a new project in NetBeans and pointed at the server that is having issues.  UI.php still crashes, however it looks like the php process just crashes because I don't get any debug information.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

• Denis
    Denis
    2012-12-18

A PHP script is not supposed to be able to crash the web server, so if you have a real PHP/webserver crash then it's probably a problem with the PHP version or some of PHP extension (beware of old APC extensions, prior to 3.0).

Try to de-activate non-essential PHP extensions. restart the server and try again.
    If possible, try to upgrade your PHP version. Version 5.2.6 is quite old now. (it was released more than 4 years ago)