Menu

Remove duplicate network devices

2015-06-24
2015-07-02
  • Greg Sacrey

Greg Sacrey - 2015-06-24

Hi folks,

I am hoping someone can help me. I am looking to search out and remove duplicates of network devices where the name is the same. I wish to keep the newest record. Can someone direct me to how this can be done cleanly? I wish to remove all references to the duplicates.

Thanks

Greg

• Greg Sacrey

Greg Sacrey - 2015-06-26

Any advice folks? Sure hoping one of the gurus chimes in.

• Greg Sacrey

Greg Sacrey - 2015-06-29

Any advice on removing duplicate CIs period? Has anyone had to do this in bulk?

• lndevnull

lndevnull - 2015-06-30

There is probably a better way but usually I query the view's from within MySQL first to get the ID's of the duplicates. Once you have a list of ID's you can run an OQL query within iTop and use the mass-delete option. The following example is for Person CIs though can be applied to just about anything.

1.Get the list of duplicated Object IDs.

MYSQL>  SELECT count(*) as count, group_concat(id), email, employee_number, friendlyname FROM `view_Person` where status='active' group by friendlyname having count >1

2.Cleanup the list removing the first "unique" entry. There is probably a complex SQL query which can do this for you. For the sake of time I bring this list into Excel and clean it up there.

3.With iTop's query tool select all of the objects with their matching IDs

OQL>  SELECT Person WHERE id IN (6153,6154,6257,6258,6259)

4.From the resulting list select Delete under "Other Actions".

Last edit: lndevnull 2015-06-30
  • Greg Sacrey

Greg Sacrey - 2015-07-02

Thanks for the reply, I have done something similar in the past and it has worked with mixed results.

I have noticed that anything big brought into OQL seems to time it out. I am needing to scan through 60K records for duplicates...I will keep plugging away.