iTALC is a use- and powerful didactical tool which lets you view and control computers in your labs and interact with students in a modern way. It supports Linux and Windows NT/2000/XP and it even can be used transparently in mixed environments!
iTALC 1.0.7 dramatically improves CPU-usage by using a new heavily optimized image-scaling-algorithm for several tasks. With version 1.0.7 the master-computer should keep responsive even when monitoring a lot of clients (especially applies to Linux). Furthermore the user-interface has been improved to make iTALC even more usable.
- improved overall usability by adding new icons and reworking look of overview-mode
- added new image-scaling algorithm with (optional) MMX-optimizations in order to use less CPU-time on master-computer when monitoring a lot of clients with short update-intervals
- thanks to fast image-scaler, remote-control and demo-mode now scale screen in real-time instead of having the user to scroll
- removed user-list and added ability to display user-name instead of IP-address in classroom-manager
- removed remote-IP-property as not used anymore
- fixed logon-feature from classroom-action-menu
- in case user accidently changed role but no keys exist for this role try teacher-role as fallback in order to make iTALC still usable in such cases (Closes #1866440)
- updated spec-file for building RPMs
- added Polish localization-files
- made power-down, reboot and logoff work under Linux if no user is logged in
- fixed various crashes
The download is available at
More information is available at the project-homepage
and the Wiki