Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Can I install 2 Master with ItalC !

2011-11-22
2013-06-05
  • MichHispania
    MichHispania
    2011-11-22

Hey friends,
    I have installed the ItalC v 1.0.13 on 25 computers with 1 Master, everything works perfectly.
    Would be possible to install  another Master ?? I tried but it says me that Don´t found keys or  are not correct.

• Showmaster
    Showmaster
    2011-11-22

yes, this is possible. used this configuration some time ago. just install the second master, create new keys when you are asked. after that copy the keys (both privat & public!) from first master over the newly generated ones on second.
    btw. italc 1 is out of support, use v2 instead. and the question was also asked in forum or mailinglist some months ago.

• MichHispania
    MichHispania
    2011-11-24

Thanks for anskwering,

I´ve tested and works correctly.

Thanks a lot

• gemstech
    gemstech
    2012-05-24

Setting up a second master windows xp or 7 using iTALC 2 (sharing same config file)
    Install on first master
    Under Authentication  uncheck ACL-based logon authentication (at top)
    Under Authentication click on Launch key file assistant
    -Create new access keys
    -Teacher
    -Export public key part - browse to a network location or you can export these to a usb drive (You need to be able to import these when setting up the client machines - but not other master machines)
    Create a shared location on the network that users can get to - give them read rights(read and execute, list folder contents and read) - can be the same location as above or different location - (mine is different - Shared\italc)
    Copy globalconfig.xml file to this network shared location
    In Management Console - Paths, change global configuration path to the place where you just copied this file (do not use letter mappings use full unc path e.g. \\servername\shared\italc\globalconfig.xml)
    May need to restart italc service before you can use iTALC to set up monitoring
    set up classrooms and computers as desired

Install iTALC  on second machine leaving Master selected
    Launch iTALC Management Console
    Under Authentication, click on Launch key file assistant
    Create new access keys
    Teacher
    Export public key part – browse to Program Files\iTALC or ProgramData\iTALC – doesn’t really matter
    Finish wizard
    In Management Console - Paths, change global configuration path to the place where you just copied this file (do not use letter mappings use full unc path e.g. \\servername\shared\italc\globalconfig.xml)
    Under Authentication, uncheck ACL-based logon authentication (at top)
    Click Apply – this will restart iTALC service
    *Note path on Win7 is HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\iTALC Solutions\iTALC\Paths