It will work with Windows 7

Rich Lewis
  • Rich Lewis
    Rich Lewis

I've successfully got iTalc running on windows 7.  It took some doing, and a combination of suggestions from others, but it's working.  

Now that school is out, I've upgraded the high school lab to all new Acer machines, all running Windows 7 Professional.  It's a lab of 24 Win 7 machines, with a 25th set up as the teacher's monitoring station (also on Win 7).   To get it to work, I did the following on all the machines, including the teacher's station (the "server"):

1. Go into services and disable ICA.
    2.  Go into firewall and add an inbound and outbound TCP rule to open up port 5800 ( for all the options public, private, etc).

On the Windows 2008 R2 server:
    1.  Edit the policy for your student users to run the ICA program at login.

Alternatively, you could put the ica.exe in the startup folder on the local machines, but good luck finding where microsoft stuck it on Windows 7.

Doing this it works. I'm having a little problem with the graphics rendering on the teacher station, but I think it's the graphics card.  Full screen remote control and even demo mode full screen works.  I hope this helps someone.   

• Daniel Tan
    Daniel Tan

May I know what version of iTALC  you are using ? In my computer Lab configuration, I have a Master PC running Windows 7 Professional, NComputing x550 Hardware and Virtual Desktop software, iTALC Beta version .10 which connects to 5 virtual clients, I can perform remote Power ON or OFF, Lock and unlock , Full Screen/Window Remote Control for all virtual clients from Master PC without any problem except the Teacher or Student demo mode which the virtual client always show black screen when enable the teacher/Student demo mode from Master PC, do you have any ideas what is going wrong in my Demo mode setting ?

• pari53

I would like to know if iTALC works also on Windows Seven 64-bit.

• Greetings,
    I have had the same problems but all have been solved by doing what the first poster did except with the demo modes.  In my test bed the "teacher" machine is running Win7 64bit, the 2 clients Win7 32bit.  I tried turning the ica service off and starting the ica.exe on the teacher machine but then the clients could not connect back to the teacher machine. Still working on it, but any suggestions would help.

• joiler Diaz
    joiler Diaz

Buena tades… soy nuevo con la implementacion de esta herramienta, y deseo instalarla en un solon de computación de 30 maquinas y todas en windows 7. me podrían decir como lo instalo y lo corro si no poseemos servidor???

• joiler Diaz
    joiler Diaz

Good difficulties … I'm new with the implementation of this tool, and I install it on a computer solon than 30 machines and all windows 7. I could say as I install and run if we do not have server??