I just come across this because of the default configuration of my mysql database, I do have
enabled case sensitive language.
So the installation of IRM went flawless but when
for example I tried to add a new computer I see
that some of the dropdown fields were not shown,
e.g. "Location", "Type" (Yes I setup the contents for these particular fields)
Looking more in details the structure/content of the table "lookups" I realized that the value used as "Id" for "Location" and "Type" was "locations" and "type".
But the sql queries when the add computer form is loaded in the browser use "Locations" and "Type" so obviusly the sql query were not returning anything back.
You might consider this is not a bug, but at least the INSTALL file should give more details about the proper configuration of the database. e.g. The database MUST be not case sensitive.