From: Jean Tourrilhes <jt@bo...> - 2004-05-24 21:20:16
evilcartman wrote :
> NET: Registered protocol family 23
> found SMC SuperIO Chip (devid=0x0e rev=01 base=0x002e): LPC47N252
> smsc_ircc_present: can"t get sir_base of 0x3e8
You need to tell the serial driver to release the serial port.
> Also, how do I determine what is the correct ttyS? device to run irattach
Use setserial to list the various ttyS until you get a match
on sir_base <-> I/O.
Thanks to Jean's posting and his tutorial page, and another post on this
list, I was able to get Palm syncing via IR working. The high level steps
needed were as follows:
1. Determined that /dev/ttyS2 was the correct device by checking the
dmesg output of an attempt to modprobe smsc-ircc2. Match the sir_base
shown in dmesg with the port address shown in setserial /dev/ttyS?
2. Remove an IRQ conflict with a pcmcia card by uncommenting the "exclude
irq 3" directive in /etc/pcmcia/config.opts
3. Force the correct IRQ and remove serial driver control of the device
with "setserial /dev/ttyS2 uart none irq 3"
4. modprobe the required modules (smsc-ircc2, ircomm-tty, irtty-sir)
5. irattach irda0 -s
6. jpilot sync with ircomm0 works! (For some reason multisync with
ircomm0 fails, but that's another story...:)
Thanks to all for the assistance!
http://www.fastmail.fm - And now for something completely different=85