Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Excel to Import IP

Help
Chan
2012-09-12
2013-05-09
  • Chan
    Chan
    2012-09-12

Hello Folks,

I am new to IPPlan. I have a bunch of excel files with IP address and Description/Hostname in xlsx format.

Is there a way to import them to IPPlan? I understand I need to use Flat Ascii Files / NMAP XML Format. NMAP XML format is complicated enough. So I guess Flat ASCII files is the easier way to go about.

How to convert the excel file to flat ascii files? or How to create flat ascii files?

Can someone upload a sample of the template for importing IP addresses?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Anonymous
    2012-11-22

hello, it's really easy to import data from Excel.

the important thing is to have the data in the file in columns according to the standard "IP address, user, location, description, hostname, mac address and telephone number."

copy the data to a text file and upload to ipplan via menu admin \ import \ import ip address detail records.

this is an example of my excel:

IP ADDRESS     |  USER  |   LOCATION  |    DESCRIPTION  |   HOSTNAME  |  MAC  |  TEL NUM
    10.198.10.153   | distr      |   MILAN          |    WAN1                  |  C-MI-1.distr    |             |                   

when you copy / paste from excel to text file is preserved the tab (in the text file there are the tabs).