Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

Unable to update subnet entries

Raj
2012-04-11
2013-05-09
  • Raj
    Raj
    2012-04-11

Hi,
    First of all, thanks for developing this great tool. I've just installed IPPlan v4.92b and going through adding the subnets for our company. I am wondering how to update the individual IP addresses in a subnet when I allocate an IP. I am looking to add stuff like hostname, vlan information etc. Currently, when I click on the subnet (range) within an area to update the entries, it just says 'search found no matching entries'. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Chris Klomp
    Chris Klomp
    2012-04-15

I don't have access to my IPplan right now.
    But I've found the "search tree" option most usefull to access the IP space.
    In fact I put it on the main menu (nice feature to have a customizable menu).

Hope it helps.

• Raj
    Raj
    2012-04-16

@cklomp

Thanks for the suggestion. I am able to see all the ranges using the subnet tree option but as soon as I click on a particular subnet, instead of displaying the IP records for the subnet, it just says 'search found no matching entries'. On a side note, I noticed that when I create a new subnet (instead of a range/supernet), I can click on the subnet to view the IP records. But I am not sure how to link a subnet to a area/range.

• Chris Klomp
    Chris Klomp
    2012-04-20

Areas are arbitrarily named and just look like IP addresses.

Ranges are actual ip address ranges.

Thus you can have an area of 1.1.1.1
    Then define a range within this area for say HQ of  10.2.0.0/16
    now define a subnet for 1st floor of 10.2.1.0/24
    It will automagically be part of the range for HQ.

Hope this helps.