From: Announcement mailinglist for the IPCop project.
<ipcop-announce@li...> - 2007-07-17 15:16:31
IPCop v1.4.16 is released.
This release fixes some bugs, update glibc , Net::DNS and capi for security
reasons. Upgraded packages are squid, snort, e100, r1000 and pulsar
glibc is a disputed issue CVE-2007-3508 concerning possibility to exploit
bug.(glibc fix miss on our update information).
As usual, this version can be installed as an update from previous v1.4.x
versions or with a ready-to-go ISO or usb bootable images or pxe for a fresh
Files are available on 'IPCop' package at
fcdls package is unchanged from 1.4.15
for i386 machines
for alpha machines
Three different usb images are available to boot from usb as some bios may
with one format and not others:
- fdd is an unpartionned usb key
- hdd is partionned like an hard disk
- zip is partionned like a zip (work with real usb zip device too)
- pxe is a package ready to use for pxe boot on install (instructions
To copy an usb image to an usb key (minimal size 64 MB), under linux, read
what letter the system give to that key ( cat /proc/partitions | grep sd )
and copy to that device with zcat (the-file) >/dev/sd(letter) without a
partition number. Don't forget the '>' or the output will go to the console.
To copy under Windows, you could uncompress the file and use winimage
- othersrc package contain all packages out of ipcop sources and is
interesting only for those who want to compile IPCop
You don't need to load directly that file on sourceforge as it is more
convenient to do that from ipcop sources with './make.sh getothersrc'.
It will load, control file md5 and install packages include on cache
There has been small changes from 1.4.16rc1:
- bug with name resolution has been fixed,
- new sflogo is include in update,
- glibc is patched against a disputed issue CVE-2007-3508
- Net:DNS is upgraded to 0.60 CVE-2007-3377 CVE-2007-3409
- a few package URL download addresses have been updated for people building
- some unneeded wanpipe samples files are removed
If you install rc1 update or a fresh rc1 installation, you could simply take
all changes from final version with a few commands.
Princip is to revert version to 1.4.15 to be able to apply the 1.4.16 final
update without needing other changes
- revert the version to 1.4.15 on web interface
/bin/sed -i -e "s+= '1.4.*$+= '1.4.15';+" /var/ipcop/general-functions.pl
- copy the update .gpg file in /tmp
gpg -o /tmp/patch.tar.gz --decrypt ipcop-1.4.*.tgz.gpg
tar zxf /tmp/patch.tar.gz
- remove the files in /tmp
Please report any problems in bug tracking system or on devel list.
You have to subscribe on all ipcop lists to be able send messages.
We were forced on this restriction because of the numerous spam attempts.