Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

IPAudit is great - just a couple issues

Help
2010-04-27
2013-03-06
  • Rick Chisholm
    Rick Chisholm
    2010-04-27

    Love IPAudit - kudos to the devs - compliments a Snort install very nicely.

    Anyway, after a couple days of hacking away, I got it up and running pretty well.  But a couple things do not seem to be functioning as per design.  Local Host Count and Remote Host Count graphs appear to be running, but no real data, just a line at 0 value.  In fact the Internet traffic graph appears to be doing much the same; whereas the Internal/External graph a least has some peaks and valleys.

    In the ../30min/graphic dir - ReportLocalHost.log is very small <1K - both ReportLocalBusy.log and ReportRemoteBusy.log have zero byte size.

    have I missed something?

     
  • Jon Rifkin
    Jon Rifkin
    2010-04-27

    Sounds like the LOCALRANGE variable in ipaudit-web.conf needs to set to reflect your local network.

     
  • Rick Chisholm
    Rick Chisholm
    2010-04-28

    I had it set for just 10 - I've changed it to 10.0.0.0/8 to see if things improve - thx.

     
  • Rick Chisholm
    Rick Chisholm
    2010-04-30

    localrange changes seem to have helped in some respects - although incoming / outgoing graph does not seem to be graphing any useful data, nor are local host count, remote host count.  The Busiest graphs are both missing completely - the associated pngs are 0 byte files.

    My 30 minute traffic report has some basic data, but nothing in the tables for Scan Hosts, or Busiest Hosts, or Host Pairs - which may be why the graphs are having issues.

    The Daily Traffic Report, however appears to have all the data and all the tables are filled out nicely.  So I guess something about the 30minute task is wonky.

     
  • Rick Chisholm
    Rick Chisholm
    2010-04-30

    /home/ipaudit/reports/30min/graphic

    ReportLocalBusy.log and ReportRemoteBusy.log both 0 byte files…

     
  • Rick Chisholm
    Rick Chisholm
    2010-05-03

    ok - it looks like the ReportLog script grabs the data from the html files themselves and those files are already lacking the data required for the grabs that are not working.

     
  • Rick Chisholm
    Rick Chisholm
    2010-05-03

    applied the code fix from the other thread regarding 30 minute scripts/graphs and all is functional now.