From: Mondragon, Ian <ian.mondragon@ba...> - 2002-07-24 15:37:51
this mail is to inform everyone that the current development version of
IWM 0.2.0 is now available via the sourceforge cvs repository. please keep
in mind that this is *not* a finished product & is incredibly buggy (see
the project homepage on sourceforge is:
anonymous cvs access (in sourceforge's words):
you will need to place the Default.themed directory in
--- snip ---
This project's SourceForge.net CVS repository can be checked out through
anonymous (pserver) CVS with the following instruction set. The module you
wish to check out must be specified as the modulename. When prompted for a
password for anonymous, simply press the Enter key.
Updates from within the module's directory do not need the -d parameter.
--- end snip ---
# NEW FEATURES (noticeable & not):
- completely revamped codebase.
- IWMImage class to wrap images (currently utilizes libwraster).
WindowMaker-esque themes are now somewhat usable. IWM-specific
themes can be placed in ~/GNUstep/Library/InterfaceWM/Themes/
as .themed directories.
- IWMCoreImage/IWMCoreWindow classes to provide a higher level of
abstraction when dealing with images and X. these will be
undergoing heavy modification, but will allow different graphics
libs to be utilized.
# KNOWN ISSUES (in order of irritation level for me):
- when windows are stacked on top of each other, the ExposeEvent
method gets stuck in a loop and they start to blink at you.
all you can do is click on the close button and wait.
- redrawing the title of a window in the titlebar does not update
correctly (i.e. in mozilla): either a refresh does not happen
and you have to move the window, or the titles get drawn on top
of each other.
- setting the focused/unfocused images in windows does not update
- no double-click to shade is implemented yet. the buttons are
(from left to right) shade, (un)maximize, close.
- the resizebar needs some work.
***PLEASE REPORT ALL BUGS VIA THE SOURCEFORGE BUG TRACKING SYSTEM***