Menu

Installation Issue

Help
2008-11-17
2013-04-19
  • Charles DiBella

Charles DiBella - 2008-11-17

I have downloaded and installed IPMGB103b on my notebook which has LAMP installed. 

Here is my php -v

PHP 5.2.5 (cli) (built: Apr 19 2008 13:37:58)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2007 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies

I have everything working fine on my notebook computer - not problems at all.  I really like the program and can customize the templates beautifully.  Everything works fine and I was anxious to upload and get things working on-line.

Now I have upload everything to my on-line host, and began with a clean installation from the zip file without any modifications.  Creation and connection to the database went fine.  I can log into ADMIN and even complete a test posting.

Here are the problems with the on-line installation:

With the on-line installation, when you load the main GB page, the postings are not displayed at all.  When I log into the ADMIN section, it is the same problem:  the postings are not displayed at all.  Also, in the ADMIN section, the admin menus are not displayed. 

As a user, although I can create a new post, the preview does not show properly.  The posting does in-fact get submitted to the database, and an addition post registers with the counter, but no postings are displayed.

My on-line php -v is the same:

PHP 5.2.5 (cli) (built: Jan 23 2008 14:13:03)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2007 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2007 Zend Technologies

Test install is at:
    http://www.bikepaths.org/riders/index.php
    ADMIN login is admin admin

Does anyone have any ideas how I can troubleshoot this problem?

• Charles DiBella

Charles DiBella - 2008-11-29

Can someone direct me to where I can find help for this issue?

• Charles DiBella

Charles DiBella - 2008-12-05

I have downloaded a fresh zip file in case the earlier one was corrupt.  I did a re-install of both the program files and the mysql tables.  I have re-installed this program several times with always the same result.

The config is setup fine.  The program works fine on my home computer which is set up with LAMP.

I uploaded my php.ini to the directory where I keep my ipmgb files, as well as into the admin directory.  I check all file permissions.  Still the same problem persists as described in my original post of nearly three weeks ago.

If anyone reads this plea for help, and even if you cannot help, please let me know that you hear me.

Is anyone listening out there?  I am determined to make this work, but can find nothing on Google.

Great program, this IPMGB.  I really like it.  I just wish I could make it work on-line.  Anyone else out there have this problem?  Is there really anyone out there?  Any ideas on what I should try next?

Until next time ...

• Charles DiBella

Charles DiBella - 2008-12-11

Hello, anyone out there?  Still trying.