Work at SourceForge, help us to make it a better place! We have an immediate need for a Support Technician in our San Francisco or Denver office.

Close

Bloated and no warnings

sesammases
2006-02-14
2013-04-19
  • sesammases
    sesammases
    2006-02-14

This is a 10MB download that does what some scripts could already manage.
    Please, see if your developer environment can squeeze this. (Perhaps as easy as moving the actual code into a native EXE-project?)

Where's the source by the way, I didn't find it in the CVS (or in any installed folder)?
    (Can we actually know this EXE doesn't do all sorts of things?)

Also, I tried this on a Windows 98-machine and the result was some changing of files. Whishful thinking perhaps, but the statement in the Wiki is true: it does exactly (and only) what's detailed in the wiki-page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Installation/FromWindows

• You can download the source from the files section:
      instlux_3_0-src.zip

The sources have been always published since the beginning of the project.

The reason why it is a 10MB EXE is that in that exe you have a linux kernel, drivers, and other boot files. All of them are gzipped before being included into the exe file. I am sure some tunning could be tried, so I encourage you to do it and your results could be included in next release.

Thanks for the feedback,

jordi massaguer pla