[23 July 2007]
ANNOUNCE: InstallJammer Multiplatform Installer, version 1.2b2
The InstallJammer Team is pleased to announce the release
of InstallJammer 1.2 beta 2!
This is the second beta release of the 1.2 branch.
It includes lots of bug fixes and new enhancements.
~ What is it?
InstallJammer is a free, open source, multiplatform
GUI installer and builder designed to be completely
cross-platform and function on Windows and most all
version of UNIX with eventual support for Mac OS X.
* A full-featured install builder.
* Installs are packaged in single binary executables for
each platform making web distribution easy.
* Support for multiple install themes.
* Default install themes that resemble popular, commercial
* A high level of configurability.
* Built-in support for Windows and Linux conventions.
* Automatic creation of an uninstaller.
* Easily extended to new platforms.
~ What's New in 1.2
The following is a list of some of the changes in
InstallJammer 1.2. A complete list can be found in
the Release Notes in the documentation. The complete
ChangeLog is also included with each source release.
This is a major enhancement release.
See the Release Notes for full details.
* Added the ability to fall back to console mode if
GUI mode fails.
* Added new actions to set and delete environment
variables on all platforms.
* Many other bug fixes and enhancements.
Downloads are available at:
Feedback and bug reports are greatly appreciated.
The InstallJammer Team