[6 February 2007]
ANNOUNCE: InstallJammer Multiplatform Installer, version 1.1
The InstallJammer Team is pleased to announce the release
of InstallJammer 1.1!
This is the first major enhancement release since the initial
1.0 release of InstallJammer over 6 months ago. It includes
many new features and tons of bug fixes. A lot of hard work
went into this release. I hope you enjoy it!
~ What is it?
InstallJammer is a free, open source, multiplatform
GUI installer and builder designed to be completely
cross-platform and function on Windows and most all
version of UNIX with eventual support for Mac OS X.
* A full-featured install builder.
* Installs are packaged in single binary executables for
each platform making web distribution easy.
* Support for multiple install themes.
* Default install themes that resemble popular, commercial
* A high level of configurability.
* Built-in support for Windows and Linux conventions.
* Automatic creation of an uninstaller.
* Easily extended to new platforms.
~ What's New in 1.1
The following is a list of some of the changes in
InstallJammer 1.1. A complete list can be found in
the Release Notes in the documentation. The complete
ChangeLog is also included with each source release.
This release is full of major enhancements and bug fixes.
See the Release Notes for full details.
* Added new platforms:
* Added support for LZMA compression and "solid"
* Added support for defining all of the command
line options for (un)installers.
* Added console-based installs for UNIX platforms.
* Added support for registering an install with RPM
and DPKG databases.
* Added support for adding icons to Program menus
under Linux and FreeBSD.
* Added new Actions:
Console Ask Yes or No
Console Clear Screen
Console Get User Input
Add Install Info
Get Previous Install Info
Install Program Folder Shortcut
Reboot or Shutdown System
Import Windows Registry File
Remove Windows Registry Key
Focus on Widget
Downloads are available at:
Feedback and bug reports are greatly appreciated.
The InstallJammer Team