[10 May 2006]
ANNOUNCE: InstallJammer Multiplatform Installer, version 1.0rc1
The InstallJammer Team is pleased to announce the immediate
release of InstallJammer 1.0rc1!
This is the first release candidate toward the final 1.0
release. Please test and report any bugs you find so that
we can fix them for a really solid 1.0 release. We're
~ What is it?
InstallJammer is a multiplatform GUI installer and builder
designed to be completely cross-platform and function on
Windows and most all version of UNIX with eventual support
for Mac OS X.
* A full-featured install builder.
* Installs are packaged in single binary executables for
each platform making web distribution easy.
* Support for multiple install themes.
* Default install themes that resemble popular, commercial
* A high level of configurability.
* Built-in support for Windows install conventions.
* Automatic creation of an uninstaller.
* Easily extended to new platforms.
~ What's New in 1.0rc1
The following is a list of some of the major changes in
InstallJammer 1.0rc1. A complete list can be found in
the Release Notes in the documentation. The complete
ChangeLog is also included with each source release.
Along with these enhancements, many bug fixes were also
made and are detailed in the Release Notes.
* Fixed a bug that was causing installers to not all share
the same background color. This would cause the installers
to look odd on most UNIX platforms because the colors didn't
* Fixed a bug where the radiobuttons on the license pane were
not reflecting state properly.
* Fixed a bug that was causing InstallJammer to ignore the
Allow Language Selection property.
* Added a Working Directory property to the Execute External
* Fixed a bug in the install builder that would cause the builder
not to remember paned window locations between sessions.
* The Execute Script action now executes at the global level.
* Fixed a bug in the Execute External Program action that would
cause programs to fail if they had spaces or backspaces in
Downloads are available at:
Feedback and bug reports are greatly appreciated.
The InstallJammer Team