[19 Apr 2006]
ANNOUNCE: InstallJammer Multiplatform Installer, version 1.0b2
The InstallJammer Team is pleased to announce the immediate
release of InstallJammer 1.0b2!
This marks the second beta release of InstallJammer and
hopefully the last release before final release. Except
for bug fixes, this release is feature complete and the
next release should be the first release candidate.
~ What is it?
InstallJammer is a multiplatform GUI installer and builder
designed to be completely cross-platform and function on
Windows and most all version of UNIX with eventual support
for Mac OS X.
* A full-featured install builder.
* Installs are packaged in single binary executables for
each platform making web distribution easy.
* Support for multiple install themes.
* Default install themes that resemble popular, commercial
* A high level of configurability.
* Built-in support for Windows install conventions.
* Automatic creation of an uninstaller.
* Easily extended to new platforms.
~ What's New in 1.0b1
The following is a list of some of the major changes in
InstallJammer 1.0b1. A complete list can be found in
the Release Notes in the documentation. The complete
ChangeLog is also included with each source release.
Along with these enhancements, many bug fixes were also
made and are detailed in the Release Notes.
* Added multi-language support for installers. This
release also includes message catalogs for translations
in Spanish (thanks to Jose Jurado) and French (thanks
to Olivier Touze).
* Modified the build process to use threads instead of a
separate process for builds and installation. This more
than doubles the speed of builds and makes installation
much faster as well.
* Completed the help documentation and hooked it up
throughout the install builder. Clicking the help button
or F1 anywhere in the install builder will take you directly
to the relevant documentation.
* Added new properties for files and directories. Evert file
and directory in an install can now be customized.
* New default action groups: Startup Actions, Finish Actions
and Cancel Actions that are executed automatically during
Downloads are available at:
Feedback and bug reports are greatly appreciated.
The InstallJammer Team