[12 Feb 2006]
ANNOUNCE: InstallJammer Multiplatform Installer, version 1.0b1
The InstallJammer Team is pleased to announce the immediate
release of InstallJammer 1.0b1!
This is the first beta release of InstallJammer and includes
all of the features that will be released in the final 1.0
release. Any releases from here until the final 1.0 release
will contain only bug fixes as we work hard on trying to make
the final release as stable as we can.
~ What is it?
InstallJammer is a multiplatform GUI installer and builder
designed to be completely cross-platform and function on
Windows and most all version of UNIX with eventual support
for Mac OS X.
* A full-featured install builder.
* Installs are packaged in single binary executables for
each platform making web distribution easy.
* Support for multiple install themes.
* Default install themes that resemble popular, commercial
* A high level of configurability.
* Built-in support for Windows install conventions.
* Automatic creation of an uninstaller.
* Easily extended to new platforms.
~ What's New in 1.0b1
The following is a list of some of the major changes in
InstallJammer 1.0b1. A complete list can be found in
the Release Notes in the documentation. The complete
ChangeLog is also included with each source release.
Along with these enhancements, many bug fixes were also
made and are detailed in the Release Notes.
* Added a new File Permission condition to check file
permissions on a target system.
* Added a new Modify Widget action to change the state
and/or text of a widget in a pane.
* Added a new Locate Java Runtime action to locate the
best available Java runtime on the target system.
* Added a new Get Java Property action to get the value
of a property from a Java properties file.
* Added a new Wait action that will cause InstallJammer
to wait a specified amount of time before proceeding
with the install.
* Added new Require Root and Root Install Directory
properties to UNIX platforms. These let you require the
installing user to be root and adjust the default
installation directory if the user is installing as root.
* Added new <%Username%> virtual text that contains the
username of the installing user.
* Added new Default File Permission and Default Directory
Permission properties to UNIX platforms to define default
permission masks during installation.
Downloads are available at:
Feedback and bug reports are greatly appreciated.
The InstallJammer Team