Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

#302 Installer executable name not correct

Fixed in Repo
open
nobody
None
5
2008-08-28
2008-08-21
Luke Kucalaba
No

After incrementing the patch version of my application and generating an installer successfully on Windows XP, everything looked good at that point. But then I saved my project, closed InstallJammer, and then opened it up again later and generated another installer without changing the project whatsoever. This time I noticed the installer executable filename was not correct. It contained an incorrect patch number (the old patch number), which I had recently incremented last time I ran InstallJammer. Maybe this value isn't getting saved to the project file??? Weird thing is it displays correctly in the "Install Version" widget in the "Application Information" page.

In the "Platform Information" page, I have set the string variable "Install Executable Name" to the following:

<%ShortAppName%>.<%PatchVersion%>.<%VAR_ConfigChar%>-<%Platform%>-Installer<%Ext%>

...where VAR_ConfigChar is a custom virtual text string.

Hope this isn't too difficult to fix. Thanks for your efforts, InstallJammer is one of my favorite tools. Excellent work!

Luke Kucalaba
Senior Software Engineer
D&S Consultants, Inc
Columbus, Ohio

Discussion

  • Damon Courtney
    Damon Courtney
    2008-08-28

    Logged In: YES
    user_id=50387
    Originator: NO

    This was actually a general bug in the version variable handling. A fix has been committed if you get a chance to test.

     
  • Damon Courtney
    Damon Courtney
    2008-08-28

    • milestone: --> Fixed in Repo